Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Alphabet Soup

On December 21, I posted about vintage alphabet stamp sets, particularly one set that I was waiting to arrive that would hopefully replace an incomplete set.  Well, the set is not a match, it is nearly the same font, only larger!  Both sets are all capital letters, I wonder if there are lower case sets out there to go with them.  The new set will be great for larger art quilt projects, and I already like the idea of mixing fonts, even in a single word.  Maybe I will find a complete set of the smaller letters someday...

Anyway, I have been playing with the stamps, sponge brushing cheap acrylic paint on them.  Here you can see the two sizes of letters from the vintage sets:

I am going to keep going with my rubber stamp sets on this piece of muslin.  This will be another experiment with overlapping layers.  Check back on Thursday to see how the second layer went.

No comments:

Post a Comment