Thursday, January 4, 2018

More Alphabet Soup

I've been having fun with my stamp sets!  I started with light gray paint on my two vintage letter sets, as shown in my last post.  Then I added smaller letters from my stash of new rubber stamp letters in a sandstone paint, and a few letters in mauve:
Copyright RPS
Next, I added more letters in dark gray:
Copyright RPS
Finally, more tiny letters in black:
Copyright RPS

This is a great illustration of the design element of variety.  I have used variety of size and font in the letters and variety of value as well.  The variety here keeps the viewer's interest, it makes you look more at what is going on.  After a while, I fond myself trying to find words in the jumble of letters, even though I did not intentionally stamp any words.  Now to incorporate this piece of fabric into a collage...




No comments:

Post a Comment