Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Rags on the Road - Fredericktown, Ohio

I am pleased to announce that my first venue for 2016 will be the Fredericktown, Ohio Quilters' Market Day on Saturday, April 23.  Hours are 10 AM to 3 PM, admission is $5.  It will be held at the Fredericktown High School, 111 Stadium Drive.  It is a small venue, and they are advertising it more as a quilters' flea market.  Last year, there was a good variety of items for sale, lots of good deals.  Some of the vendors were quilt shops from around the region, others were individuals cleaning out their sewing rooms.

I will have a variety - my standard selection of hand dyed fabrics, Creativity Kits, vintage hankies and scarves, buttons, and vintage sewing collectibles.  I might bring along a Singer 99 in a cabinet.  I'll have to see how much room I have in the car!  I will also have a good selection of batik fat quarters and half yards, grab bags of notions and fabric scrap bags (sewing room clean-out). 

I have been known to engage in some trading at these small venues.  I am always looking for vintage sewing machine manuals and attachments, vintage damask linens, fancy hankies, scarves, men's ties, cotton lace trim, and any vintage sewing machine ads and other ephemera. 

No comments:

Post a Comment