Thursday, March 24, 2016

More on pin looms

A short post today, as I have killed a lot of time this afternoon looking for more vintage pin looms online and exploring a nicely done site about them, Eloomanation

The book I mentioned in my last post is Pin Loom Weaving by Margaret Stump (Stackpole Books, 2014).  Most of the pin loom projects out there are a little too... dull (for lack of a softer term) for me, too much in the kitschy craft realm.  Of course, I don't like knitted sweaters, so I guess I come into this with a bias.  I want to twist these little pin loom squares into something unusual and unexpected.  I'm working on making some flowers with them to go with a larger project in the works.  Speaking of that project, I really should get back to work on it.  Next time, the start of an extensive series on who and what has influenced my art ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment