Thursday, March 10, 2016

Springing into New Projects

It has been unseasonably warm this week in my neck of the woods, which has me looking forward to a fresh season of fabric dyeing and planting for natural dyes.  I just got my new Dharma catalog too, I have to take inventory on my dyes and supplies and run up the credit card again!


I really hope that my elderberries start growing this year, I need to find space for dahlias, and I want to plant some rows of wildflowers so I may easily harvest them for dyes.  I have gathered seeds from ironweed and Joe Pye weed from my meadow.  Soon, the horsetails will be sprouting in the ditch along the road.  I love the pale green I got from them last year.  Speaking of flowers, I am working on a floral wall hanging that I plan to offer as a creative workshop and "pattern" that will be available on my Etsy shop soon.  It will probably be a month yet before it is finished and up for purchase.

 I always seem to dream bigger dreams than I have time, energy and ability to achieve.  At least I have grand dreams, I encounter too many people who don't seem to have dreams.  What are your dreams for this spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment