I truly have far more ideas than I have time. There are three future posts in my head, based on some observations I have made from children's' books, and I am lacking the time to develop and type them... at least this week. I have simply tried to jam too much into this week.
Anyway, here's the result of a little fabric dye experiment I managed to do over the past weekend:
I dyed silk with sunflower seed hulls, scraped up from beneath my bird feeders! I'm not sure I will bother to do that again, the color isn't anything great. I might try growing a variety of sunflowers cultivated by the Hopi for dyeing their wool rugs. Maybe a different variety will yield stronger colors.