Thursday, February 16, 2017

A Thought for a Down Day

I have been really stuck in the winter doldrums lately with making things and writing about making things.  Time to remind myself of one of my favorite quotes, which I will share here:

"Art is not to be awaited; it is to be chased down, cornered and beaten into submission with a stick."
(Michael Perry, Population 485.)

This quote sums up my philosophy that creativity and the construction of art objects is challenging, sometimes difficult work.  It is something that must be constantly cultivated, it does not happen perfectly at first attempt.
Image copyright RPS, please do not copy or repost

That is all I have today, time to get to creating.  I have a three day weekend coming up, hopefully I will have something new to share on Tuesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment