Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Rust Dye Results

Yikes, is it really Tuesday already? A blog post day?  I'm not ready for this!  However, I have washed and ironed the rust dyes pieces of fabric from last week:

I am enjoying playing with composition through placement of the objects: tools, chains, horseshoes, sad irons, trivets, spigot handles and miscellaneous odd unidentifiable pieces.  I have found some odd pieces just walking around old abandoned farm sites and even along the roads.  The fabric square on the right in the bottom picture was rusted from a vintage Christmas tree stand, picked up in a public hunting area!  I'd like to find another stand like it, as the piece I have has a good sized chunk missing, and I'm not sure how much longer the remains will hold up to the abuse incurred from being saturated with water and vinegar.  It is so far, my favorite piece of rusty metal for the effects it produces.

No comments:

Post a Comment