Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Art on the Hill Wrap-up

I survived my first outdoor art fair as a vendor!  It was a beautiful summer day, not overly hot, and no rain despite some ominous dark clouds that passed overhead from time to time.  Here is my first attempt at setting up an art fair booth:


Thank goodness I have very supportive parents who not only helped me tote the stuff there and back, but also did much with the layout and set-up of everything.

Mantua, Ohio is a quaint old town, and by old I mean that most of the town is 100+ year old buildings - something I like to see. 


The art fair was a fundraiser for the ongoing revitalization of the town, so I was happy to help support the effort.  I do wish that the fair attendees had been a bit more supportive of the artists.  I had higher hopes, but I made a few sales, and talked to some really neat people throughout the day.  Thank you to those of you who bought my work.  However, it definitely was a community event that did not attract many people from out of the immediate area with money to spend.  I'm still glad I got out, gained some experience with outdoor art fairs, and visited somewhere I had never been before.

I have never seen square slates like this on the side of a building!  (This is at the back of the grain building in the above picture.)  It reminds me of a huge quilt... yet another idea is brewing in my brain!

I have a quilt show this weekend too:
July 16-17 (9-5 Saturday, 11-4 Sunday) Pieceable Quilters Guild, Zanesville, OH; Muskingum County Fairgrounds Veterans Complex, Brighton Blvd & Pershing Rd.  Admission $5

Please come out if you are nearby and buy my fabric!

No comments:

Post a Comment