Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Out and About Creating Art

I have touched on this before, and I will keep bringing this up in the future.  If you make something, it is so important to get out and make what you make in front of people.  I spent the weekend with two sewing machines and an embellisher/felting machine at a local art fair.  I am always amazed and pleased at the way people are attracted to watching someone create their wares.  I was sharing a tent with two other artists/crafters, and we always had an appreciative crowd.  Take any opportunity that you can to stitch, draw, paint, etc. where you can be observed.  Talk to people about what you are doing, encourage others to learn to make something.



I've also gone on here before about artist trading cards, and I am now making a point to carry some of my own finished ATCs along with some blank ones and a small kit of art supplies.  Last month, at a non-art event, I was approached by an adorable young girl who was asking anyone and everyone if they wanted a picture.  As is turned out, she had made a bunch of tiny crayon drawings and simply wanted everyone to have one!  What a great kid!  I have tucked the drawing I received into my art journal, and I wish that I could get one of my ATCs to her.  From now on, I will be prepared to encourage anyone who wants to make a card in return for one of mine.  This is a great way to get children to value creativity and art, get them to realize that art is valuable and should have a role in our lives.

So, I now have a challenge for you.  Take ten or twenty minutes, make something (try some artist trading cards) and give it away.

No comments:

Post a Comment