Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Postcard from Lebanon, Ohio

What a weekend!  It was good to visit an old stomping ground of mine, even if I did not get to do any sightseeing or much shopping (outside of the quilt show). 

The show was successful for me, not so much financially, but in that I inspired a significant number of people.  I really appreciate the positive responses to my product line and finished art work.  Most of all, I am honored that I had several people approach me expressing their own desires to be more creative.  Keep reading my rambles here for answers to your questions of me.  I have much to get through here over the next couple of weeks from this past weekend.  Welcome to new readers!

Before I get to creative concerns on Thursday, I want to give my appreciation to several Lebanon, Ohio organizations and businesses.  First, the Warren County Historical Society for holding the quilt show.  I hope that it was a successful fundraiser.  Travelers to the region for next year's show or other reasons, I recommend the Shaker Inn Motel for lodging, a nicely maintained vintage motel.  Eat at the Breakfast Club early (the chocolate chip waffles are amazing), Houston Inn for an upscale meal, Doc's (great food, but boisterous bar atmosphere), and for a historic, upscale place with food well worth the price, The Golden Lamb

Next time, I will have some book recommendations for those of you who want to jump into art quilting and some thoughts on getting inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment