Thursday, November 22, 2018

Upcycle Entries - Making More Decisions

I've made a little progress in this early stage of my SAQA "Upcycle" entry (or entries).  I have three possible dyed tablecloth backgrounds:



I have doubts about the bottom two, they look too much like tie-dye, which they aren't.  Many people try to equate some of my dye techniques to 1960s era t-shirts, which is NOT what I am trying to emulate. Anyway, for the Upcycle idea, I want to create a series of small abstract collages on dyed damask napkins and join them onto the tablecloth background.  Here, I am starting to audition the napkins:


The separate small collages will incorporate lots of found objects and stitch-able materials.  I will likely add pieces of re-purposed clothing too, and I am about to embark on a journey through the house looking for potential non-fabric scraps - for example: shopping bags, net bags from fruit and vegetables, junk mail, wrappers, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment