Friday, October 5, 2018

Green with Envy

Running late again here, but with good reason: an epic end-of-the-season dye session in progress and a trip to an art fair that I have wanted to investigate.  So far, I have an enticing assortment of fabrics in greens and blues underway.  I only have pictures of the greens right now:


Yes, that is velvet that you see in the last image!  I am slowly adding more off-the-bolt specialty fabrics.  These will all end up in single color packs of small cuts of several different fabrics.  I am working towards making up packs that all contain the same size pieces of fabrics so that everything is more consistent.

The art fair that I attended was the Ohio Mart at Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens in Akron, Ohio.  I came home inspired and with some lovely additions to my art collection.  The event is now on my list of venues to apply to in the near future.  I definitely want to go back to Stan Hywet again (not during the art fair) to visit the mansion and gardens.

So much has been happening in my world... I still need to discuss the book sale I went to last week (a whole room full of quilt books) and I have yet to introduce the latest addition to my vintage sewing machine collection.  Check back on Tuesday for all of that and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment