Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Summertime

It has been a challenge to sit inside, in front of the the computer for any reason lately... I have been taking in the amazing view I have of a valley filled with meadows and a bit of woods.  Cicadas buzz, the cricket chorus goes on constantly and butterflies float by my lookout on a second story porch.
Sometimes, I wander around and get mesmerized by simple things.  Last night, it was a stand of vibrant orange butterfly weed that captured my attention.  I look forward to the bloom of the butterfly weed every year.  One of my ongoing series is variations on a meadow or fence row featuring these flowers. 

The flowers, leaves and grasses leave plenty of opportunities to be captured in stitching.

I am in the midst of a fabric dye session, so check back on Friday to find out how my yellows and oranges turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment