Thursday, November 23, 2017

Tiny Works of Art

I'm on a roll with artist card originals / artist trading cards week.  I've been making some to sell at an upcoming craft fair, and to my surprise and delight, one of my trading cards appears in the current issue of Quilting Arts Magazine!  These "cards" are always 2 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches.  They are fun to make, they don't take a lot of time and are a great way to use up scraps at the end of a project. 

Of course, most of mine are mini art quilts, though I occasionally make some on paper.  If you can join a swap, it is a perfect way to build a collection of tiny pieces of art.  I offer mine for sale as well, to encourage art buying and collecting.  Lately, I have envisioned leaving cards in random public places for people to discover.  I haven't done it yet, but I will soon.  I've also thought of leaving a artist card in addition to a tip at my favorite restaurants, a "random act of art" in a way.  Of course, give them to family and friends as well!





No comments:

Post a Comment