Thursday, March 9, 2017

Influences and Essentials

One of the books on art journaling that I have from the library (Alphabetica by Lynne Perrella) has an interesting feature. The author profiles fourteen artists who journal and part of each profile includes each artists' ten studio essentials and ten influences.  I thought I would come up with my own list of ten.  It is not easy to rank a top ten - I have more than ten each of essentials and influences.  So, the lists I present today could be different on another day!  Some of my selections would always make the list, others are subject to my whims.  Of course, the selections are in no particular order.

Studio Essentials:
1. vintage Sewing Machines
2. ephemera
3. Procion dyes
4. fancy embroidery threads
5. variegated machine and hand sewing threads
6. fusible interfacing
7. vintage damasks for dyeing
8. a variety of different fabrics
9. funky yarns and lace trims
10. my personal library of books, magazines and articles


Influences:
1. Joseph Cornell
2. Viktor Schreckengost
3. nature
4. Tom Waits
5. Heather Thomas
6. Stuart Davis
7. Robert Rauschenberg
8. Kurt Schwitters
9. classical music
10. my mother

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete